Editor’s note: Welcome to the Grayson Globe Cooking Section, with both conventional and modern recipes to try at home.
Toad-in-the-Hole, also called ‘egg in the basket’ is a quick, easy and delicious breakfast. It is best eaten alone – with water close at hand.
- Sandwich Bread (not to soft), one piece.
- Small cup or bowl
- Take a piece of sandwich bread and make a circular hole in it with a cup.
- Break a egg against the countertop and put in a cup if the yolk is not broken. If it is, try again.
- Butter a pan and pan-toast the bread with the hole in it and the hole on medium-low
- Flip bread and hole, put the egg in the hole and keep cooking for four minutes.
- Take hole out, cook the bread and egg until top of egg is not liquidy.
- Take bread/egg out of pan.
- Slather yolk over break and hole.
If you enjoy learning about other foods, items, and traditions in other cultures, Multicultural Night is on April 17th @ Haverford Recreation Center. Be there!